Write for us
Everybody learns something new every day, and we’d love for you to share what you know with our MUMOKI mothers. We want to hear your best tips, techniques, tricks or ideas. We’ll help you polish and improve the article, but what matters most is that you have something valuable to share.
Our primary goal is to deliver quality content. We’d be honoured to have you sharing your experiences of motherhood, lessons learned, or tips and tricks you have learnt along the way. Your work will be rewarded with full credit. (Obviously.)
This guideline will provide you with everything you need to know to get started with your article. Please carefully consider articles recently published on MUMOKI: this is the level of quality we expect from you, too.
What Kind Of Articles Do We Publish?
- Tutorials & How To’s – either helping people get started learning something new, or walking them through the process how to do it themselves.
- Opinion – do you have a strong opinion on something and the research to back it up? These can make useful talking points.
- Guides – longer articles really digging into going somewhere new with your family. A reference piece that people will return to time and time again.
Who Are We Publishing For?
The MUMOKI community is made up of mums. But our mums are doctors, and lawyers, hairdressers, makeup artists, designers, bankers, artists, chefs, social workers, teachers, journalists and much much more.
When you write, assume that your reader is a knowledgeable, intelligent friend.
Practical advice that comes from real experience, plus well researched opinion is what we aim for.
What Will We Ask Of You?
First, send us an outline of your story idea. When we give your outline the green light and ask you to write an article we ask that:
- The article is an original piece of work for MUMOKI, not something you have published elsewhere.
- You will work with the editor assigned to you, and be open to their feedback.
- While we do not demand strict deadlines, the nature of the web is that if something takes too long to publish it might be out of date! Work with your editor to establish a sensible timeline.
- You can always ask your editor if anything is unclear.
What Will MUMOKI Do For You?
Creating great content is a two-way process:
- We have lovely, experienced editors and reviewers with specific knowledge in the subjects we cover. They will help ensure your article really hits the mark.
- We give you a byline with your photograph and biography, so readers can find out more about you and your work.
- We will promote your article in our Newsletter, on Instagram, and in all our other channels.
Details About The Process
We suggest that you start by getting in touch via our contact page and send us an email including:
- Your proposed outline.
- Or, if you don’t have an outline yet but want to run a topic idea by us, give us enough detail of the topic or topics you would like to explore so we can understand your ideas.
- URLs to examples of your other writing – that can be a post on your blog, it doesn’t need to be a ‘published’ piece.
Teamwork makes the dream work and if we continue to share our funny or successful or crazed or deranged or failed or foiled attempts and adventures in motherhood and visa versa then perhaps we will all win.
Follow us on Instagram