When it comes to getting out & about with your family, there is no better way to plan for it than with reviews and info shared by other parents. We are all going through this crazy ride of parenthood together and it makes it that little bit easier to be armed with truthful information from hundreds of other parents who have come before you.
MUMOKI is building up its database of restaurants, cafes, hotels, shopping centres and parks that are family friendly, and we’d love to hear what you think about the places you have been and experienced so we’ve got a quick and easy run-down of how you can do that.
Step 1: Sign up or Login.
Click on hamburger menu at the top right corner of the home screen and click on log in. You can either create an account using your Facebook account, or your email address.
Step 2: Search Locations
What are you looking for?
You can also refine the search results by category (cafe, restaurant, shopping centre, park etc), or by facilities (baby change table, play area, undercover parking etc). You can even select more than one search criteria at one time.
Then just click on the ‘Search’ icon and away you go!
Step 3: Write your review, add a star rating and hit post!
Once you’ve clicked on the location you’d like to review, scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says ‘Leave a Reply’. This is where you review your experience.
Here are some tips for writing a review:
- What was the service like? Did the staff respond positively to having your baby/children there?
- How was the food?
- What was the decor like?
- Was parking easy?
- Did you use the baby change facilities? Were they easy to find and clean?
- What were your initial thoughts when you first arrived?
- What are the pros? Are there any cons?
- Would you recommend this place to other parents?
We’re looking for honest and useful recaps of your experience when you visited, so if you cover that, that’s perfect.
After the review box, you’ll see some grey stars. If you are on mobile, simply tap the grey stars to change them to yellow and click when you’re satisfied with the star rating you’d like to leave.
Once you’ve written your review, hit ‘Post Comment’.
The star rating system
Every review comes with a star rating in 4 categories: Privacy, Hygiene, Accessibility and Atmosphere
- Privacy: If you would prefer to sit down in private while you feed you little one, either in your own private room, or somewhere that is a bit out of the way and more quiet.
- Hygiene: Baby change rooms can be smelly places… So ask yourself, how often is it cleaned? Do you feel like you need to update your child’s immunisation schedule after visiting? We hope not.
- Accessibility: We have prams here people! Can you fit? Ramps or stairs?
- Atmosphere: Fun, relaxed, beautifully designed but with no breakable items within reach. tick, tick, tick.
So why should you leave a review?
The more reviews you add, the more points you receive. Earn more points, receive more badges!
- Complete your profile = 5 points
- Add a review = 5 points
- Add a new location = 10 points
- 0 – 12 points = Newbie
- 13 – 50 points = Survivor
- 50 – 99 points = Power User
- 100+ points = Super
Zoomed past Newbie and Survivor status and hitting the upper levels of a Power User? Well done! Huge virtual high five to you. Once you reach over 100 points and are officially crowned a “Super” (like what Elle McPherson is to models, Ironman is to heroes and what you are to parenting) then you unlock a whole new world of freebies, samples and special offers from our partners. More on that to come…